January 31, 2014

InstaFriday!

Happy Friday everyone! This week has been crazy town! I've been home the last four days because my county cancelled all schools for, ready?, FOUR snow days in a row! I've been having a blast cooking and crafting and having fun. Hooray!


I got the fitbit recently, and last Friday T and I even went to the gym on a Friday! It's way more motivating that I thought it would be, which is good for me!


I think that Friday night pizza might become a new tradition. I can see it becoming a hit.


Our first snow day we went to the gym first thing in the morning. It was full of teachers! Ha, probably the first time any of us had been able to go in the morning in all of 2014. How could I tell it was teachers? Well, conversation for one (the dreaded talk about the pay scale), and then lot's of people were wearing their coaching Ts or shirts with school logos. I met one guy who busted both his knees while teaching wood shop! (he must have recognized my own knee physical therapy stuff, ha)


This past Tuesday I dubbed Taco Tuesday. I made some scrumptious black beans (from plain ole dry beans, recipe coming on Monday!) and added mexican rice and some yummy cheese. I think they were the best beans I've made, yet! We even had some in quesadillas, and I saved more in the freezer for bean dip on Sunday! 


The whole rest of the week has been this. Lots and lots of sewing. I'm trying to bust through some scrap piles I've had hanging around, I can't wait to share the finished project! 

I hope everyone had a safe and warm week! I know that I've been drinking chai tea like no ones business. In fact, today might be the first day since Tuesday that I venture out of the house for something besides the gym! I can't complain though, I've loved having some unscheduled relaxation time. 

Happy Friday!

L

linking up with LaurenElizabeth and LifeRearranged


care to follow me in real time? I'm on insta and twitter, with my new and improved handle! @thelaurenhuber

2 comments:

  1. Any time I see a Fitbit (or similar product) I think that I really, really want one. Even though I know I do not do remotely enough physical activity to warrant one, lol. I just love gadgets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yah, it definitely is an excellent gadget!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...